- Come visit us! We are at 4522 Baltimore Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19143.
- The 34 trolley runs in front of our building; just signal the driver to stop. (Here’s the route map & schedule.)
- Here’s what our space looks like.
- Looking to rent space?
- Wanna help out and earn free classes?
- Looking to use the wellness rooms?
- For everything else, email: email@example.com
- Or call us: (215) 387-3434.
- Here’s a list of everything on our website.
- And here’s everything you ever wanted to know about our eponymous trolley.
We envision a community that nurtures individuals and families in their pursuit of physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness. We will celebrate, connect and create communities through healing and creative arts.
Studio 34 supports new and established communities by providing a comfortable space with flexible seating areas and free tea. Our 12-person conference room can be used for small workshops, support groups and community meetings. The nonlending library offers books about health, wellness, spirituality and philosophy. To support a diverse community, Studio 34 offers several discounts, including reduced-fee Community Classes.
Studio 34 supports families by offering yoga classes and other activities for families and kids, and classes about pregnancy and other family-related issues.
We believe environmental health is vital to personal and community health, so Studio 34:
- Uses 100% windmill electricity. It costs a little more, but we feel it’s worth it.
- Offers biodegradable corn-plastic mugs. We’re really excited about these. Corn plastic biodegrades quickly in landfills, contains no petroleum, requires less fossil fuel to create, and comes from a renewable resource. It’s not a perfect solution, but it’s a great step. Use them (they aren’t dishwasher-safe) and when you are done with them, toss them in your compost bin.
- Does not sell water in plastic bottles. We provide filtered
water free of charge. Bring your own (reusable) bottle or use one of our biodegradable mugs.
- Uses recycled paper when possible.
- Offers discounts through SEPTA Pass Perks and to members of the local, nonprofit Philly Car Share, our way of supporting greener transportation.
Angela Norris, Co-Founder/Owner (), a Family Nurse Practitioner educated at the University of Pennsylvania and specializing in the care of people living with HIV/AIDS. With more than 14 years of nursing experience, she places her highest priorities on wellness, prevention of illness and elimination of health disparities across communities. Angie has been practicing yoga since 2002. She completed both the Foundation and Advanced teacher trainings with Ana Forrest and is currently enrolled in the Forrest Mentorship Program with Heidi Sormaz, Ph.D. Fascinated by the interplay and correlation between these two bodies of knowledge, she curiously seeks out new information and experiences through independent study, classes and workshops.
James Peniston, Co-Founder/Owner (), a sculptor with more than a decade’s experience in monumental bronze. He has lectured at LaSalle University on the role of public sculpture in community identity. James believes public art can bridge divisions within communities. His nine-foot bust of Benjamin Franklin, commissioned by the City of Philadelphia, sits at the corner of 4th and Arch streets. The sculpture incorporates keys donated by the children of schools where James talked about the role of volunteerism in building communities.
Jason Schoen, Owner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “East Meets West: Studio 34 reimagines arts, wellness and education on Baltimore Avenue.,” Philadelphia Weekly, 26 November 2008.
- “Staff Q&A: Stephen Fisher & Angela Norris,” Penn Current, 24 April 2008.
- Style in Philly: Health & Beauty: “Wallet-Friendly Workout,” Philadelphia Style, 16 April 2008.
- “Agenda Picks: Just Opened: Studio 34,” Philadelphia City Paper, 9 April 2008.
- “Studio 34: good for the body, soul and earth,” The Temple News, 31 March 2008.
- “Attention, Fellow Yogis!”, Phillyist, 27 March 2008.
- “Studio 34 Grand Opening Week,” Metroblogging Philadelphia, 24 March 2008.
- “Studio 34: Free Yoga & Grand Opening,” uwishunu, 21 March 2008.
- “Studio 34: Yoga, healing arts, & more!”, University City Review, 18 March 2008.
- “Soon-to-open yoga/healing/art center hosts Fun-A-Day show, offers preview of West Philadelphia venue,” University City Review, 21 February 2008.
- “Sometimes We Miss The Good Stuff,” Phillyist, 19 February 2008.
- “Studio 34: Yoga | Healing | Arts Center Begins Regular Schedule Of Activities; Announces Saturday, April 5 Wellness Fair,”, 31 March 2008.
- “Studio 34: Yoga | Healing | Arts Center Announces Event Schedule For March 28-29 Grand Opening Weekend”, 8 March 2008.
- “Studio 34 Hosts Fun-A-Day 4″, 18 February 2008.